... is a font created by Pia Frauss in 2010, with High-Logic's FontCreator. You have downloaded version 1.00.
You are welcome to enjoy this font.
The Tycho'sElegy font is free for private use. For commercial use, please visit my "Conditions of Use" page at
This font is based on an Tycho Brahes handwriting, i.e., an autograph version of his poem AD DANIAM ELEGIA, on show among the digital exhibits of the Royal Library of Denmark:
There is no number sign in this font. In its place, you'll find a *long s*. Other extras in this font are:
- an alternate *g* on the 'less than' sign
- an alternate *y* on the 'greater than' sign (that should be used with the regular *g*)
- a swashed *t* on the right bracket
- an alternate *d*, turned left, on the left bracket
- an ending *e* on the right curly bracket
- an ending *n* on the left curly bracket (can also be used as an *u*)
- a swashed *k* on the bar and broken bar sign
- a swash on the ASCII tilde. It has to be typed like an accent, before the letter to which it belongs, and looks nice with *b*, *f*, *h*, both *k*s, and *l*, especially before the second of a double *l*. Of course, Tycho would not use that. I made it up, according to the swashed *t*, which was really penned by Tycho.
- a double *long s* on the long s sign.
- The ASCII tilde has been relocated to the 'almost equal to' sign.
The image on the micro sign is my rendition of the Brahe coat of arms.
1. The designer as well as owner of this font is Pia Frauss.
2. This is a free font, but it is restricted to personal use only. Commercial use may be obtained by paying a licensing fee.
3. This font may not be included in any commercial compilation of fonts, be it on CD, disks or other products, without the owner's permission.
4. Altogether, this font may not be used for commercial ends and financial gain without the owner's permission.
5. This font may be freely distributed, as long as the zipfile, including this text, remains unaltered.
6. This font comes as it is. There is no warranty -- express or implied -- offered by the owner, or supplier. The risk of any losses or damages resulting from the use of this font remains wth the user.
If you need any information not supplied by this or by the http://www.pia-frauss.de/ website, please write to fonts @ pia-frauss.de (please remove the spaces around the *@* before copying the address into your mail form).
(However, please note that no enquiries such as "how do I download/install/get such and such program to work with your fonts" will be answered in the future.)