... was created by Pia Frauss in 2005, with High-Logic's FontCreator program, set to UNICODE in 2007, and updated in 2010. You have downloaded the 2010 1.20 version.
I hope you'll enjoy this font.
XiparosLombard is free for private use. For commercial use, please visit my "Conditions of Use" page at
As to its lower case characters, the XiparosLombard font is identical with the XIPAROS font -- apart from the *d*, which has been replaced by a straight version. The upper case alphabet, however, consists of Lombardic capitals.
The XiparosLombard font contains no decorations, and you'll find all the brackets, curly brackets, and greater/less signs here that are lacking in the XIPAROS font, as well as the +, =, and bar sign. Do I have to mention that the number sign has taken the shape of a long s?
UPDATE 2010 has redesigned all of the composite glyphs (correcting the *dcaron*, *L/lcaron*, and *tcaron*), and enlarged the dashes.
1. The designer as well as owner of this font is Pia Frauss.
2. This is a free font, but it is restricted to personal use only. Commercial use may be obtained by paying a licensing fee.
3. This font may not be included in any commercial compilation of fonts, be it on CD, disks or other products, without the owner's permission.
4. Altogether, this font may not be used for commercial ends and financial gain without the owner's permission.
5. This font may be freely distributed, as long as the zipfile, including this text, remains unaltered.
6. This font comes as it is. There is no warranty -- express or implied -- offered by the owner, or supplier. The risk of any losses or damages resulting from the use of this font remains wth the user.
If you need any information not supplied by this or by the http://www.pia-frauss.de/ website, please write to fonts @ pia-frauss.de (please remove the spaces around the *@* before copying the address into your mail form).
(However, please note that no enquiries such as "how do I download/install/get such and such program to work with your fonts" will be answered in the future.)